Starting the electric ignition on your converted kitchen stove
When Good Time Stove Company converts a kitchen cook stove to gas or propane, the ovens are equipped with Robertshaw BJ control, thermomagnetic mini-pilot and TS safety.
The gas burners are equipped with a standing pilot.
To light burners on the cook top:
- Lift off round grills and central support. Pilot is located in the center of the 4 burner cluster.
- Light pilot.
- Put cook top pieces back on.
To light the oven:
- Safety is located in ash pit door on left side of stove. Locate it and find button sticking out through air vent.
- Open oven door and remove flame plate.
- Locate pilot.
- Press and hold button on safety.
- Light pilot and hold for 30 seconds after lit.
- Release pilot button.
- Reinstall flame plate.